Many Santa Cruz businesses start out by handling various aspects of their operations in-house, including accounting, marketing, human resources, and information technology. However, once you’ve grown to a certain size, you’re likely to start entertaining the idea of outsourcing.
Why? It’s all about value. When you’re hiring in-house, it’s often less expensive in the beginning. As time goes on, you start to notice the many costs that come along with hiring someone who doesn’t come with a range of skill-sets and in-depth experience.
The decision to outsource vs. hire in-house is difficult, but it’s incredibly important to make the right choice. You depend on your information technology for virtually every aspect of your day-to-day work-life. The benefits of outsourcing extend far beyond the bottom line:
- More Expertise, Skills, and Experience: An outsourced team of professionals offers specialties in a range of technologies, receive ongoing training and certifications, and have the means to go beyond basic monitoring and maintenance of your systems. With a full team of Santa Cruz IT experts on your side, you’ll be provided with in-depth support that will create a strategic roadmap to meet business goals and objectives.
- Hiring A Company, Not A Person: While an outsourced IT department is available around-the-clock, and compensated through your monthly flat rate, an in-house staff is subject to business hours, requires full salaries, benefits and vacation pay, and will undoubtedly call in sick from time to time. By outsourcing your IT department to a reliable Santa Cruz IT provider, you leave the managing, training, payment, and other variables that come with actual employees to someone else.
- Better Use Of People and Resources: An in-house IT rep comes with one of two downsides – they’re either fulfilling that role in addition to their actual job, or they lack the resources to do more than just address day-to-day issues. An outsourced IT team has the personnel and resources to both proactively maintain your IT environment, as well as develop your strategic planning.
Choosing an external staff of IT experts means you have an entire team of local Santa Cruz professionals working proactively to make sure your operations are always effective and secure. Not only do you save money, but you also gain peace of mind knowing that everything is being taken care of.
Cooper Technologies is proud to provide a broad range of services and support, with unique IT strategies specially crafted for each of your pain points. To do the same internally would cost so much more, so why bother?
Savings go far beyond the salaries and benefits you would spend otherwise because Cooper Technologies can offer a team of IT professionals with many areas of expertise. Our experience allows us to troubleshoot and resolve issues rapidly, cutting downtime and saving you more money.
So what are some other reasons to outsource your IT department?
- The cost of an internal IT department — from salaries to benefits and more — simply can’t complete with the monthly flat rate that we offer.
- An internal IT team suffers from a limited scope and resources, whereas the Cooper Technologies team is backed by years of experience and expertise that allows us to provide more accurate and reliable solutions to your IT problems.
- Internal IT support can quickly become overwhelmed when a central facet of your IT infrastructure — such as a server — encounters an error. Our team’s expertise in proactive maintenance and effective resolution will help to prevent errors in the first place and address them as quickly as possible when need be.
It’s clear that a well-maintained, proactively-serviced IT environment will always run better than those that are not. With Cooper Technologies, you can rest assured knowing that everything is being taken care of.
As your outsourced IT department, Cooper Technologies prevents outages and system failures, rather than trying to fix them in the aftermath.
Not only that, an outsourced solution like Coopers’ beats an in-house, full-time IT employee both in capability and cost-effect. An in-house IT rep is only available during business hours, requires a full salary, benefits, vacation pay, sick leave, occasional further training and more. For a simple monthly flat-rate, Cooper Technologies handles all of that for you. We see to our training, hiring, compensation, and management, and we’ll never call in sick.
The choice is clear; an outsourced IT solution saves you the time, money and stress that comes with hiring, employing, and managing an in-house alternative.